- Release to rebuild a full set of binary wheels.
- Add support for building arm64 wheels on macOS.
- Add support for final Python 3.11 release.
- Add support for Python 3.11 (as of 3.11.0b3).
- Add support for Python 3.9 and 3.10.
PURE_PYTHONenvironment variable at runtime instead of just at wheel build time. A value of 0 forces the C extensions to be used failing if they aren’t present. Any other value forces the Python implementation to be used, ignoring the C extensions.
Drop support for the deprecated
python setup.py testcommand.
Ensure all objects have consistent interface resolution orders. This may slightly change the order of interfaces for
ContainedProxyobjects. See issue 34.
Stop including outdated versions of
persistentheaders. Instead, locate and use the installed versions. See issue 32.
This adds those two dependencies to
- Add support for Python 3.8.
- Drop support for Python 3.4.
- Add a dependency on
zope.cachedescriptors, previously removed in 3.11.
zope.cachedescriptorsis a lightweight package, and the copied code had diverged from the source. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/16
- Fix the possibility of a rare crash in the C extension when deallocating items. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/24
- Add support for Python 3.7.
OrderedContainer.updateOrdernormalize and store text keys the same way that
__setitem__does. Fixes https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/21
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
OrderedContainerproperly store the decoded text keys for maintaining order instead of the raw bytes. Also make it able to accept raw bytes under Python 3 in the first place. Fixes https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/17
OrderedContainerbecoming inconsistent if an event subscriber threw an exception when adding an item. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/18
- Attain 100% test coverage. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/15
- Make the default
NameChooseralways decode bytes using ASCII instead of whatever the current system codec happens to be.
- Make the default
BaseExceptiontypes when it potentially calls user-defined code to convert a name to a text string. Instead, just catch
- Respect the
PURE_PYTHONenvironment variable at runtime in addition to build time. This makes it possible to use the pure-Python implementation of the container proxy on CPython for ease of debugging. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/13
zope.container._proxy.PyContainedProxyBaseinherit directly from
zope.proxy.AbstractProxyBaseas well as
persistent.Persistent, removing a bunch of redundant code, and fixing bugs in interaction with pure-Python persistence. See: https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/pull/4
- Add direct dependencies on
persistentsince we import from them; pin them to the versions needed for pure-Python.
- Drop deprecated BBB imports module,
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Add support for PyPy.
Folderpickle forward/backward compatibility with version 3.12.0 after making it inherit from
- Allow testing without checkouts of unreleased
- Add Python 3 Trove classifiers.
- Add support for Python 3.3.
Folderclass inherit from
BTreeContainerclass, so that the IContainer interface does not need to be re-implemented. Added a
dataattribute for BBB.
- Replace deprecated
zope.component.adaptsusage with equivalent
- Replace deprecated
zope.interface.implementsusage with equivalent
- Drop support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
IContainerModifiedEventafter the container is modified (LP#705600).
- Preserve the original exception traceback in
- Handle Broken Objects more gracefully
- Fix a bug that made it impossible to store None values in containers (LP#1070719).
- Fix detection of moving folders into itself or a subfolder of itself. (LP#118088)
- Fix ZCML-related tests and dependencies.
- Prefer the standard libraries doctest module to the one from
- Add compatibility with ZODB3 3.10 by importing the
IBrokeninterface from it directly. Once we can rely on the new ZODB3 version exclusively, we can remove the dependency onto the
- Never fail if the suggested name is in a wrong type (#227617)
checkNamefirst checks the parameter type before the emptiness.
- Copy two trivial classes from
zope.cachedescriptorsinto this package, which allows us to remove that dependency. We didn’t actually use any caching properties as the dependency suggested.
zope.copypastemoverelated tests into that package.
- Remove no longer used zcml prefix from the configure file.
- Stop importing DocTestSuite from
zope.testing.doctestunit. Fixes compatibility problems with
- Break testing dependency on
- Break testing dependency on
zope.app.dependableby moving the code and tests into that package.
zope.componentafter it was moved there from
- Rerelease 3.9.0 as it had a broken Windows 2.6 egg.
- Mark this project as part of the ZTK.
Previous releases should be versioned 3.9.0 as they are not pure bugfix releases and worth a “feature” release, increasing feature version.
Packages that depend on any changes introduced in version 3.8.2 or 3.8.3 should depend on version 3.9 or greater.
IXMLRPCPublisherZCML registrations for containers from
- Rid ourselves of
IContainedinterface. This interface was moved to
zope.location.interfaces. A b/w compat import still exists to keep old code running. Depend on
- Rid ourselves of the implementations of
ObjectRemovedEventclasses. B/w compat imports still exist. All of these were moved to
zope.lifecycleevent. Depend on
- Fix a bug in
OrderedContainerwhere trying to set the value for a key that already exists (duplication error) would actually delete the key from the order, leaving a dangling reference.
- Partially break dependency on
zope.traversing.api.getPathin favor of using
ILocationInfo(object).getPath(). The rest of the runtime dependencies on
zope.traversingare currently interface dependencies.
- Break runtime dependency on
zope.app.dependableby using a zcml condition on the subscriber ZCML directive that registers the
zope.app.dependableis not installed, this subscriber will never be registered.
zope.app.dependableis now a testing dependency only.
- Fix misspackaged 3.8.0
configure.zcmlto not depend on
zope.app.component. Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/348329
- Move the declaration of
IOrderedContainer.updateOrderto a new, basic
IOrderedinterface and let
IOrderedContainerinherit it. This allows easier reuse of the declaration.
- Fix: added missing
ComponentLookupError, missing since revision 95429 and missing in last release.
- Adapt to the move of IDefaultViewName from
- Add support for reserved names for containers. To specify reserved
names for some container, you need to provide an adapter from the
container to the
zope.container.interfaces.IReservedNamesinterface. The default
NameChooseris now also aware of reserved names.
Raise more “Pythonic” errors from
__setitem__, losing the dependency on
Move import of
IBrokeninterface to use new
zope.brokenpackage, which has no dependencies beyond
testpart pull in the extra test requirements of this package.
z3c.recipe.compattestconfiguration out into a new file,
compat.cfg, to reduce the burden of doing standard unit tests.
Strip out bogus develop eggs from
- Split this package off
zope.app.container. This package is intended to have far less dependencies than
- This package also contains the container implementation that
used to be in